CDMPS appointed as an International Advisory Board Member of the China Association of Public Safety
In our recent visit to Beijing to meet and discuss collaboration in disaster management and public safety at Tsinghua University, Centre Director, Prof Abbas Rajabifard, and Centre Manager, Greg Ireton, were appointed as members of the International Advisory Board of the China Association of Public Safety.
Along with Tsinghua University, other board members include:
- Prof. Kimiro Meguro, Director, Int. Centre for Urban Safety Engineering (ICUS), University of Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Nabil Adam, Founding Director of Rutgers Institute for Data Science, Learning, and Applications (I-DSLA), Risk Analysis Framework for Interconnected, Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Prof. Petrus van Gelder, Director, Safety and Security Institute, TU Delft, Netherlands
Dr. Herve Borrion, Senior Lecturer, University College London, England
- Mr. Meir Elran, Program Director, Institute of National Security Study, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Discussions amongst the board included academic and student exchange, co-delivery of post graduate training in disaster management and public safety as well as working collaboratively on publications.
More details to follow on this initiative.