Radiology for Physiotherapists builds on knowledge in radiology, particularly as it applies to the neuro-musculo-skeletal system.
A key focus of the course is image interpretation using a variety of imaging modalities including x-ray, CT scans, MRI and Ultrasound to explore normal anatomy and pathological findings. Furthermore, students are given the opportunity to develop an appreciation of when to use imaging, which imaging modality to use and when onward referral to another clinician may be more appropriate.
Before you apply
- Check you meet the entry requirements
- Note the course code (NA-CAPMCP)
- Note the subject code (RADI90010).
How to apply
- In the application portal, search and apply for the relevant course code
- Choose the study period you're applying for
- Enter all details about the subject you’re applying for (including the subject code and name)
- Attach any necessary documents to satisfy entry requirements
- Check all details, agree to the terms and conditions and submit your application.
Radiology for Physiotherapists is an award subject of the University of Melbourne that has been made available on a single subject basis. This subject is for employees of Queensland Health and related agencies.
- Undergraduate qualification in Physiotherapy
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
The following documents should be submitted with your application:
- Certified academic transcript or health practitioner registration certificate from AHPRA
- Resume outlining your work experience
- Proof of citizenship/permanent residency (such as a passport or birth certificate).
Assessment will comprise two written assignments, one case presentation during the course week and a one-hour online written exam following delivery. The venue for the online exam will be determined closer to the time and may require some local travel, to be funded by the participant.
Please note that participants need to ensure their availability for all components of the program including the assessments on the dates scheduled.
- Case presentation (5 min) during the course week (5%)
- 1-hour multi-station written radiology exam (50%)
- Written assignment 1 - 1500 words (20%)
- Written assignment 2 - 2000 words (25%).
Who should apply
Physiotherapists with experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
Academic and Teaching Team
Dr Guy Zito
- Dr. Patricia Robertson
- Dr. Frank Malara
- Dr. Andrew Rotstein.
Applications are completed using an online form and require applicants to attach supporting documents provided in the application checklist. Please allow 4 weeks for applications to be reviewed. During busy periods, this can sometimes take a little longer.
- If the maximum capacity is reached, the registration will be closed prior to the deadline. Early registration is highly recommended
- If the program is oversubscribed, preference in enrolment will be given to Queensland Health staff.
This course is presented in partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.