Radiology for Physiotherapists builds on knowledge in radiology, particularly as it applies to the neuro-musculo-skeletal system.
A key focus of the course is image interpretation using a variety of imaging modalities including x-ray, CT scans, MRI and Ultrasound to explore normal anatomy and pathological findings. Furthermore, students are given the opportunity to develop an appreciation of when to use imaging, which imaging modality to use and when onward referral to another clinician may be more appropriate.
Radiology for Physiotherapists is an award subject of the University of Melbourne that has been made available on a single subject basis. This subject is for employees of Queensland Health and related agencies.
- Undergraduate qualification in Physiotherapy
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
The following documents should be submitted with your application:
- Certified academic transcript or health practitioner registration certificate from AHPRA
- Resume outlining your work experience
- Proof of citizenship/permanent residency (such as a passport or birth certificate).
Assessment will comprise two written assignments, one case presentation during the course week and a one-hour online written exam following delivery. The venue for the online exam will be determined closer to the time and may require some local travel, to be funded by the participant.
Please note that participants need to ensure their availability for the 1 hour multi-station written radiology exam on the scheduled date. The exam is completed in Brisbane for South east Queensland participants. Non South East Queensland participants complete the exam at the same time/date under local supervision arrangements, which are coordinated by the University.
Who should apply
Physiotherapists with experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
Academic and Teaching Team
Dr Guy Zito
- Dr. Patricia Robertson
- Dr. Frank Malara
- Dr. Andrew Rotstein.
Applications are completed using an online form and require applicants to attach supporting documents provided in the application checklist. Please allow 4 weeks for applications to be reviewed. During busy periods, this can sometimes take a little longer.
- If the maximum capacity is reached, the registration will be closed prior to the deadline. Early registration is highly recommended
- If the program is oversubscribed, preference in enrolment will be given to Queensland Health staff.
Upcoming dates for this course are yet to be announced.
Want to know about future sessions?
Register your details and we will email you about future intakes.