Experiment with different media and extend your drawing skills in this engaging intensive.
Throughout this course you will experiment with essential drawing techniques and materials and receive expert artistic guidance.
Located at the University of Melbourne's renowned Southbank campus, this intensive course is perfect for those looking to explore and advance their creativity in a supportive environment.
Under the guidance of a dedicated artist and industry professional, you will practice fundamental drawing techniques and gain an insight into specialised artistic areas.
You will explore a range of essential techniques, including:
- Drawing basics
- Still life Wunderkammer
- Portraiture, and
- This course is suitable for participants aged 18+
- Participants will need to supply their own creative course materials for this course.
Essentials: The basic kit
- Pencils: a range lead hardness from H (hard) to B (black) A good selection is a HB, 2B and 4B
- Charcoal: willow and compressed (a few sticks of each)
- Sharpener / knife
- Large bulldog clips x2
- Glue stick
- Sketchbook (small)
- Paper (as required) bulky news / butchers paper x5, cartridge x5, fine art papers (not essential) OR Drawing pad at least A3 in size
Additional materials (not essential)
- Pastels: dry, oil / oil sticks
- Water colour / ink
- Markers (sharpie)
Explore more short courses for creatives and artists
We offer a range of courses in arts including drawing, painting and acting.
Upcoming dates for this course are yet to be announced.
Want to know about future sessions?
Register your details and we will email you about future intakes.