Try out new painting techniques and materials and gain expert artistic guidance in this hands-on intensive.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to explore new painting techniques and materials and enrich your current artistic practice.
Located at the University of Melbourne's renowned Southbank campus, this intensive course is perfect for those looking to explore and advance their creativity in a supportive environment.
Under the guidance of a dedicated artist and industry professional, you will practise fundamental painting techniques and gain an insight into specialised artistic areas.
Specifically, you will explore:
- Surface preparation
- Palette management
- Paint application
- Colour theory and colour mixing
- Tonal value analysis as an under-painting
- Colour relationships that establish form and space
- Painting from life, and
- Personal interpretation.
- This course is suitable for participants aged 18+
- Participants need to supply paints and basic materials for this course.
Suggested paint colours
- Raw Umber
- Spectrum Yellow
- Cadmium or Spectrum Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium White
- Oil sketch paper or canvas boards
- Small container of Gesso Primer
- Small Glass jar with lid
- Disposable Palette
- Palette knife
- Ruler and scissors
- Rags and paper towel
- Masking tape
- A variety of brushes, flat, round and filbert, ranging in sizes
- 2 inch brush for priming
Explore more short courses for creatives and artists
We offer a range of courses in arts including drawing, painting and acting.
There are no upcoming dates for this course.
Want to know about future sessions?
Register your details and we will email you about future intakes.